Piercing Effect Computer

From StarMade Wiki
Piercing Effect Computer
Piercing Effect Computer.png
TypePiercing Effect Computer
Hit Points50
Armor0.0%
Armor HP0
Structure HP75
Mass0.10
Luminositynone
Data Value (ID)418

Piercing Effect Computers are the controller computer for Piercing Effect systems. The functionality of this system changes depending on whether or not it is linked to a weapon system. If it is slaved to a weapon system it causes the weapon to ignore some armor and deal much-improved block damage, at the cost of reduced (or zero) damage to Shields. If not then it can increase the armor rating of an entity's armor .

See Effects and Tertiary Systems for more information.

Production

Production Info
Produced in a Advanced Factory Advanced Factory.png
RequiresTo create
Threns Capsule
x250
Threns Capsule.png Piercing Effect Computer
x1
Piercing Effect Computer.png
Hattel Capsule
x500
Hattel Capsule.png

Usage

Primary Module
Piercing Effect Module
Piercing Effect Module.png
System Properties
Offensive Effect Defensive Effect
Adds Armor Piercing
effect to weapons
Increases damage absorption
of an entity's Armor

Place this module on a structure and connect it to its appropriate computer to either enable that system or enhance an existing one.

Piercing Effect Modules much like any other enhancer module are designed to increase the power and effectiveness of its associated system. As an effect system this module will have differing effects depending on whether or not the effect computer is connected to a weapon system.

Offesnive Effect

Missiles and Pulses get a small explosion radius boost with this weapon (+5 meters). Beams and Cannons deal 25% more block damage, and 50% extra damage to Armor HP.

All weapon types, at maximum Piercing effect, ignore 50% of a block's armor. Since System blocks (Shield Capacitors, Weapon modules, Computers, etc), as well as Hull blocks, have no armor value, this effect isn't particularly valuable for damaging internals. However, against Standard and (especially) Advanced armor blocks, this represents a significant bonus. Therefore, this effect is best used to "crack" enemy armor to allow other weapons (such as Explosive-effected or Missiles) to be used to greater effect.

However, this effect also causes the weapon to deal reduced armor to Shields. At 100% effect, a Piercing weapon will deal zero damage to shields. Thus it is a good idea to either pair this weapon with an Ion weapon, or to use a sub-100% effect. Keep in mind that even once the target's shields are down, after a few seconds they will begin to recharge, and a 100% Piercing weapon can be completely stopped by 1 point of enemy shields, regardless of how powerful it is.

Defensive Effect

A defensive Piercing system causes additional incoming damage to be applied to your Armor HP pool rather than blocks. The effect caps out at 25% additional transference over the default of 50% for a total of 75% (note: Mathematically, this works out to your AHP being twice as effective as default). The ArmorHP bar 'protects' your armor blocks and makes them dramatically more durable. Since this, compared to some systems, does not require very many blocks to become maximally effective, Piercing is a very useful system to have on any ship that may see combat, as even Hull blocks see a notable durability increase. It does not, however, apply to system blocks such as modules, computers, reactors etc.

Related

Effects
EMP Effect ComputerEMP Effect Computer.png | EMP Effect ModuleEMP Effect Module.png | Explosive Effect ComputerExplosive Effect Computer.png | Explosive Effect ModuleExplosive Effect Module.png | Ion Effect ComputerIon Effect Computer.png | Ion Effect ModuleIon Effect Module.png | Overdrive Effect ComputerOverdrive Effect Computer.png | Overdrive Effect ModuleOverdrive Effect Module.png | Piercing Effect ComputerPiercing Effect Computer.png | Piercing Effect ModulePiercing Effect Module.png | Pull Effect ComputerPull Effect Computer.png | Pull Effect ModulePull Effect Module.png | Punch-Through Effect ComputerPunch-Through Effect Computer.png | Punch-Through Effect ModulePunch-Through Effect Module.png | Push Effect ComputerPush Effect Computer.png | Push Effect ModulePush Effect Module.png | Stop Effect ComputerStop Effect Computer.png | Stop Effect ModuleStop Effect Module.png